- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Creative Europe Forum 2018 at the Museum of Contemporary Art / MoCAB, June 21 and 22, 2018
- Public lecture by Niels Van Tomme: The Walking Institution (The curatorial programme) / Curatorial course „What Could/Should Curating Do?“ / MoCAB, Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening „May 68, a Strange Spring“/ Museum of Contemporary Art, 7.6.18. at 6 p.m.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
Andreja Kulunčić: women.index / Workshop: violence against women / Salon of MoCAB, 17.05.13. at 6 P.M.Talk programs | 17.05.2013
Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art, 14 Pariska street
May 17, 2013. at 6 P.M.
Although the phenomenon of violence against women have been recognized as a problem in our society, and the fact that it can be neither called into question nor denied, the question that arises is how should we define the concept of violence against women, that is, what does exactly constitute violence, since this concept can never be restricted to the use of the physical force?
During the panel discussion, participants spoke about prevention mechanisms and the ways of combating violence against women. An important question addressed during the discussion was the increased visibility of violence against women in the media, especially because the media in Serbia usually do not take care about the ways how the violence against women is represented, how the victims are spoken about and what kind of messages are sent to the men and women of Serbia by sensationalist reporting. Participants discussed as well violence against women as a topic in visual arts.
Tanja Ignjatović – Autonomous Women’s Center
Ivana Smiljanić – visual artist
Jelena Višnjić – BeFem: Feminist Cultural Center
Katarina Lončarević – Center for Women’s Studies, researcher at the Faculty of Political Sciences