- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public Lecture by Marina Abramović, retrospective exhibition "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, 28.09.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Luca Lo Pinto/ Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- MoCAB closing for the summer due to preparations of the Marina Abramović retrospective exhibition “The Cleaner”
- Opening of the exhibition "Where Do We Go, and How Long Will it Take?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, 12.07.2019 at 7 p.m.
BELDOCS at the Museum of Contemporary Art/ MoCAB, May 9-15 2019Talk programs | 09.05.2019
Meteors is a selection of hybrid, documentary and arthouse movies, that began last year at MoCAB as one of the new selections of the Beldocs festival. The concept behind Meteors is to introduce audiences to different understandings of film, to a variety of production methods and to the creation of audio-visual works. The programme was based on similar collaborations between foreign museums and international festivals, such as:
Forum and Forum Expanded at the Berlinale
Film society of Lincoln Centre at the MoMA in New York
Cinema du reel at Centre Pompidou in Paris
Last year we screened films of major directors of radical auteur films, such as James Benning, Jean Marie Straub, Joao Pedro Rodrigues, Miguel Gomes, Dane Komljen etc. Last year’s attendance and interest in the program has prompted us to once again welcome you to the new edition of Meteors.
Thursday, May 9th 2019
17:00: Surprise screening, 12min
Now, at last! -Ben Rivers, UK, 38min
Friday, May 10th 2019
17:00: Still Recording -Saeed Al Batal, Ghiath Ayoub, Lebanon, Syria, France, Qatar, Germany, 2018, 120 min
Saturday, May 11th, 2019
17:00: Last Year When the Train Passed by - Huang Pang-Chuan, France, 2018, 17 min
A God's Shadow - Bernhard Hetzenaur, Austria 2018, 20min
We Are the Sons of Your Rocks - Ivan Salatić, Montenegro, 2018, 33min
Gulyabani - Gurcan Keltek - Turkey, Netherlands, 2018, 35min
Sunday, May 12th, 2019
17:00: Extinction - Salome Lamas, Portugal, 2018, 85min
Monday, May 13th, 2019
16:00: The Marshal's Two Executions - Radu Jude, Romania 2018, 10min
Roi Soleil -Albert Serra, Spain, 62min
Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
14:00: Heimat is a space in time -Thomas Heise, Austria 2019, 218 min
Wednesday, May 15th, 2019
17:00: Campo - Tiago Hespanha, Portugal, 2018, 100min