- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition “TESTIMONY – TRUTH OR POLITICS: The Concept of Testimony in the Commemoration of the Yugoslav Wars” / Čolaković Legacy, 14.12.17. at 6pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade will be closed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- Opening of the renovated building of the Museum of Contemporary Art / exhibition Sequences, MoCAB, 20.10.17. at 10 a.m.
- Conversation with the artist Selman Trtovac / Salon of the MoCAB, 12.10.17. at 6 p.m.
Conversation with artist Jasmina Cibic and curator Alessandro Vincentelli / Salon of the MoCA / 24. 10. 2015. at 1pmTalk programs | 24.10.2015
Conversation with artist
Jasmina Cibic and curator Alessandro Vincentelli about the exhibition “Tear Down and Rebuild”
Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade, 14 Pariska St.
Saturday, October 24th 2015, at 1pm
Alessandro Vincentelli is Curator of Exhibitions & Research at BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead, where he has worked for more than 10 years. During this time he developed and curated solo exhibitions with artists Elizabeth Price and Steve McQueen amongst many others. He collaborated with the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven for the David Maljkovic exhibition Sources in the Air, staged at BALTIC Gateshead in 2013. He curated They Used to Call it the Moon in 2014 and most recently The Curves of the Needle exhibition at BALTIC39. He has a particular interest in the revisiting of modernist movements by artists and in curatorial practices, and in the choreography of artist/ film and video in gallery installations. He is currently working with British Sculptor Brian Griffiths for a new ambitious commission BILL MURRAY : a story of distance, size and sincerity - opening this autumn at BALTIC.
The exhibition investigates how art and architecture can serve as power strategies of every political order. The exhibition is composed of a performative installation (opening of the exhibition) and a new film work, which the artist shot in the former Palace of the Federation in Belgrade.