- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition “TESTIMONY – TRUTH OR POLITICS: The Concept of Testimony in the Commemoration of the Yugoslav Wars” / Čolaković Legacy, 14.12.17. at 6pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade will be closed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- Opening of the renovated building of the Museum of Contemporary Art / exhibition Sequences, MoCAB, 20.10.17. at 10 a.m.
- Conversation with the artist Selman Trtovac / Salon of the MoCAB, 12.10.17. at 6 p.m.
Conversation with Zachary Formwalt / Salon of the MoCAB / 7.2.15. at 1pmTalk programs | 07.02.2015
Conversation with Zachary Formwalt and Guiding Tour
Salon of the MoCAB
February 7, 2015 at 1pm
This solo exhibition "Three Exchanges" is a result of collaboration
between Stedelijk Museum Bureau Amsterdam and The Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade.
Curators of the exhibition: Jelle Bouwhuis (SMBA) and Zoran Erić (MSUB).
Zachary Formwalt (1979, Georgia, U.S.A.) studied at the
School of the Art Institute of Chicago and at Northwestern University,
Evanston, Illinois. In 2008 and 2009 he was a resident at the Rijksakademie van
beeldende kunsten in Amsterdam. He has had solo exhibitions at the Kunsthalle
in Basel (2009), ar/ge kunst Galerie Museum in Bolzano (2011), Casco—Office for
Art, Design and Theory, Utrecht (2010) and Kiosk, Ghent (2013). He has
participated in group exhibitions such as 'Monumentalism' at Stedelijk Museum
Amsterdam (2010), 'End of Money' in Witte de With, Rotterdam (2011), 'Homo
Economicus' at Cabinet Gallery, London (2012) and in Steirischer Herbst, Graz:
'Liquid Assets' (2013). His work is held by several institutional collections,
such as the Netherlands Photo Museum and the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam.
Zachary Formwalt –Three Exchanges in SMBA is the third exhibition in the series of the Stedelijk Museum's Global Collaborations programme.
coming to MoCAB the exhibition “Three Stock Exchanges” was presented at
SMBA (Stedelijk Museum Bureau Amsterdam) with which our museum
established institutional cooperation and exchange in the framework of
the programme “Global Collaborations”. After the exhibition by Zachary
Formwalt in Belgrade, works by two artists from Serbia, Vladimir
Miladinović and Nikola Radić Lucati, will be showcased at the exhibition
at SMBA starting from April 18, 2015.
The exhibition will run from March 22 in the Salon of the MoCAB in 14 Pariska St., every working day from 12:00 to 20:00, except Tuesdays.
The project is supported by Mondriaan Fund and Stichtung Ammodo.