- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition “TESTIMONY – TRUTH OR POLITICS: The Concept of Testimony in the Commemoration of the Yugoslav Wars” / Čolaković Legacy, 14.12.17. at 6pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade will be closed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- Opening of the renovated building of the Museum of Contemporary Art / exhibition Sequences, MoCAB, 20.10.17. at 10 a.m.
- Conversation with the artist Selman Trtovac / Salon of the MoCAB, 12.10.17. at 6 p.m.
Dragan Zdravković: Hibernation Mode / Conversation about the catalogue / Salon of MOCAB, 22.08.16. at 7 pmTalk programs | 22.08.2016
Dragan Zdravković: Hibernation Mode / Conversation about the catalogue
Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art, 14 Pariska street
August 22, 2016. at 7 pm
Participants in the conversation: Nikola Šuica, PhD (Faculty of Fine Arts - University of Arts Belgrade) and artist Dragan Zdravković.
The conversation will be moderated by curator Mišela Blanuša.
Along with skyrocketing progress made especially in the IT industry, that nowadays permeates all facets of human existence, identifying himself with his time as an immediate witness to the development of digital technologies, Dragan Zdravković creates his own space, which, following contemporary tendencies in the society and conditions imposed by new technologies, he describes as a hibernation mode wherein, like a computer, he puts himself to “operation” but he is not doing his best because he is saving energy and gathering strength, so as to keep away from the harsh social reality. Thus, in a symbolic sense, Zdravković attempts to relocate from reality and socio-political system he lives in, and “saves” personal and creative energy aiming at giving his utmost, through the process of artistic production, and forging a world of experience of one’s own reality as isolated from the flow of everyday events and, thereby, at the verge of metaphysical insights.
More information about the exhibiton, please visit http://eng.msub.org.rs/dragan-zdravkovic-hibernation-mode-salon-of-the-moca