- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Creative Europe Forum 2018 at the Museum of Contemporary Art / MoCAB, June 21 and 22, 2018
- Public lecture by Niels Van Tomme: The Walking Institution (The curatorial programme) / Curatorial course „What Could/Should Curating Do?“ / MoCAB, Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening „May 68, a Strange Spring“/ Museum of Contemporary Art, 7.6.18. at 6 p.m.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
Dragan Zdravković: Hibernation Mode / Conversation about the catalogue / Salon of MOCAB, 22.08.16. at 7 pmTalk programs | 22.08.2016
Dragan Zdravković: Hibernation Mode / Conversation about the catalogue
Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art, 14 Pariska street
August 22, 2016. at 7 pm
Participants in the conversation: Nikola Šuica, PhD (Faculty of Fine Arts - University of Arts Belgrade) and artist Dragan Zdravković.
The conversation will be moderated by curator Mišela Blanuša.
Along with skyrocketing progress made especially in the IT industry, that nowadays permeates all facets of human existence, identifying himself with his time as an immediate witness to the development of digital technologies, Dragan Zdravković creates his own space, which, following contemporary tendencies in the society and conditions imposed by new technologies, he describes as a hibernation mode wherein, like a computer, he puts himself to “operation” but he is not doing his best because he is saving energy and gathering strength, so as to keep away from the harsh social reality. Thus, in a symbolic sense, Zdravković attempts to relocate from reality and socio-political system he lives in, and “saves” personal and creative energy aiming at giving his utmost, through the process of artistic production, and forging a world of experience of one’s own reality as isolated from the flow of everyday events and, thereby, at the verge of metaphysical insights.
More information about the exhibiton, please visit http://eng.msub.org.rs/dragan-zdravkovic-hibernation-mode-salon-of-the-moca