- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Creative Europe Forum 2018 at the Museum of Contemporary Art / MoCAB, June 21 and 22, 2018
- Public lecture by Niels Van Tomme: The Walking Institution (The curatorial programme) / Curatorial course „What Could/Should Curating Do?“ / MoCAB, Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening „May 68, a Strange Spring“/ Museum of Contemporary Art, 7.6.18. at 6 p.m.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
From the Milica Zorić and Rodoljub Čolaković LegacyProgramme | 12.12.2014
The exhibition “From the Milica Zorić and Rodoljub Čolaković Legacy”
The Milica Zorić and Rodoljub Čolaković Gallery-Legacy
Svetlana Mitić, Museum of Contemporary Art senior curator
A segment of the Legacy-Collection was bequeathed
to the Museum by the Čolaković couple as early as 1963, so certain works found
their place in the first permanent display of the Museum in 1965, consequently
denoting the value of the gift itself.
The Milica Zorić and Rodoljub Čolaković Legacy
consists of three separate units each holding a specific status within the
Museum: the gallery space which is in the Čolaković family home, the collection
of 20th century artworks with tapestries endowed by Milice Zorić and the period
furniture, oriental carpet and kilim legacy.
The Gallery-Legacy which started working in 1980
organised numerous exhibitions with the aim of noting the manifestations and
tendencies of the contemporary local art scene, and those moments in the
development of our local and foreign art which was not sufficiently highlighted
through retrospectives and study exhibitions at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
Parallel to the presentation of new tendencies in visual art practices,
displays of works from the Museum collection, museum legacies and a selection
from the annual acquisitions of the Museum were also displayed. For the
duration of the Ušće building’s reconstruction, this space functions as a
mini-museum committed to the implementation of various programs in the field of
modern and contemporary art, design, architecture and film.
The exhibition will be open until February 15th
2015, daily from 10 am to 6 pm, except Tuesdays, at the Milica Zorić and
Rodoljub Čolaković Gallery-Legacy (No. 2 Rodoljuba Čolakovića Street). Location: http://www.planplus.rs/objekti/2090/legat-milice-zoric-i-rodoljuba-colakovica