- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition “The Origin of the Matrix” / Gallery-legacy Čolaković, 14.2.18. at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition “Irena Kelečević: Where's My Place” / Salon of the MoCAB, 19.1.18. at 7pm
- Working hours during the holidays
- Thursday’s CineMoCAB / Film screening “Struggle in New York / Borba u Njujorku” by Zoran Popović / MoCAB, 28.12.17. at 6 pm
Guided tour / The Fullness of Emptiness / Legacy Čolaković / 19. 9. 2015. at 12pmTalk programs | 19.09.2015
THE FULLNESS OF EMPTINESS – Guided TourMilica Zorić i Rodoljub Čolaković Gallery-Legacy
Curator of the exhibition is Raja Bošković, Sculpture Collection curator.
In the process of observing the importance and role of emptiness in modern and contemporary sculpture, works have been selected for the exhibition, which through their poetics incorporate the phenomenon and state of emptiness, and which in the occurring dual interaction of fullness and emptiness (of shape) establish a completely new significance and meaning of emptiness in sculpture.
The phenomenon of “the fullness of emptiness” makes itself apparent in
the sculptures of some of the most important sculptors of the twentieth century
such as: Vojin Bakić, Šime Vulas, Nandor Glid, Olga Jevrić, Ivan
Kožarić, Jovan Kratohvil, Oto Logo, Velizar Vasa Mihić, Vjenceslav Rihter,
Jakob Savinšek, Jovan Soldatović, Aleksandar Srnec, Ratimir Stojadinović, Vojin
Stojić, Slavko Tihec, Đorđije Crnčević and Dušan Džamonja.
The exhibition is based on 23 sculptures in different materials –
bronze, stone, wood, aluminum, steel, iron, brass, glass and plastic.
All displayed pieces are from the Sculpture Collection of the
Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade.