- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition “TESTIMONY – TRUTH OR POLITICS: The Concept of Testimony in the Commemoration of the Yugoslav Wars” / Čolaković Legacy, 14.12.17. at 6pm
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade will be closed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- Opening of the renovated building of the Museum of Contemporary Art / exhibition Sequences, MoCAB, 20.10.17. at 10 a.m.
- Conversation with the artist Selman Trtovac / Salon of the MoCAB, 12.10.17. at 6 p.m.
Invisible violence / Lectures of prof. Giulia Sissa / FMK and Salon of the MoCAB / 24. and 25.06.14. at 18pmTalk programs | 25.06.2014
Lectures: professor Giulia Sissa from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
Lecture: Veal roast a la mode de Kant. Genealogy of the "sexual object"
Faculty of Media and Communications (34 Terazije Street)
June 24, 2014 at 18pm
Lecture: Erotic jealousy: a noble emotion, or a shameful passion?
June 25, 2014 at 18pm
In antiquity erotic jealousy was anger: an aristocratic emotion,
worthy of heros, warriors and gods. In modern times, jealousy has become a
messy defeat, too embarrassing to admit, and politically incorrect.
Giulia Sissa, Italian born and currently resident in the US, graduated with a Laurea in Classics from the University of Pavia, 1977, and with the Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA), in 1979 and the Doctorat de IIIe cycle in Classical Studies, in 1983, from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris.
She holds a joint appointment in Classics and Political Science at the University of California Los Angeles. She has been a researcher at the Laboratoire d’Anthropologie Sociale, at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in Paris, and Professor of Classics and head of department at the Johns Hopkins University.
She is the
author of numerous books and articles on the history, anthropology and
philosophy of the ancient world, including:
translated into Spanish and Portuguese),
Eros tiranno. Sessualità e sensualità nel mondo antico (Bari, 2004).
English, modified and augmented version:
Sex and Sensuality in the Ancient World, Yale UP, 2008.
French modified and augmented version:
Sexe et Sensualité. La culture érotique des Anciens, Paris, Odile Jacob, 2011.
currently working on a book project democracy and the quest for the best
government, from Athens to Utopia (under contract with Princeton UP), and on a
history of erotic jealousy.