- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Floriane de Saint-Pierre visits the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Public Lecture by Dorothea von Hantelmann/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?"/ MoCAB, Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition “Between Us – Connecting the collections of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica” at Salon of the MoCAB / August 31, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibition ''Sequences'' until August 20th at the Museum of Contemporary Art
The historical framework of memory
(ambieantal settings for listening to the voices of the past)
For audio workshop, the basis young musician had to start from, were the archival footages of the Radio Belgrade broadcasts featuring prominent figures, local politician, art historians, art critics and artists whose activity and work had an impact in the postwar period and influenced the cultural currents (Tito, Kardelj, Oto Bihalji-Merin, Mića Popović, Miodrag Protić, et al.). During the audio workshop, ephemeral fragments of personal recollections of these essential actors in artistic and cultural scene of the socialist Yugoslavia were incorporated into musical pieces which creatively re-articulate habitual forms of historical narratives.
In the workshop lead by Milorad Mladenović with students and the Faculty of Architecture graduates, the installations for the works made in the audio workshop were designed and executed. Through joint work of a composer and a participant of the workshop in spatial modelling the conceptions for the spatialisation of these compositions were brought about. The installations produced, a final result of the work of a team formed by one composer and one architect, were prepared specifically for the former Inex film premises. As for the choice of location, the crucial aspect was that the building was recognised as a symptom of social transformations in today's Serbia, where the vestiges of the previous social system live on side by side with the new forms of self-organised use of derelict spaces for cultural purposes. Together with the collective Expedition Inex Film, which, exploring the possibilities of self-organisation, solidarity and DIY philosophy of life in Belgrade at the beginning of the 21st century, operated in this building, an adaptation of the space where these installations were set was prepared.