- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Floriane de Saint-Pierre visits the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Public Lecture by Dorothea von Hantelmann/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?"/ MoCAB, Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition “Between Us – Connecting the collections of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica” at Salon of the MoCAB / August 31, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibition ''Sequences'' until August 20th at the Museum of Contemporary Art
It happened tomorrow / Conversation with the artists / Salon of the MoCAB, 11.11.16. at 6 p. m.Talk programs | 11.11.2016
The Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art (14 Pariska St., Belgrade)
Friday, November 11, at 6 p.m
Conversation with the artists Jacek Malinowski and Assaf Gruber.
The conversation will be moderated by Magda Kardaš, a curator of Zachęta National Gallery of Art in Warsaw, and Una Popović.
The exhibition It Happened Tomorrow aims at representing an art fiction, a possible illogical deviation within an event, i.e. a fiction with basically realistic narration and appearance, as stressed in the linguistic syntax of the title itself. The selection of works tends to offer an interpretation of a genre such as the pseudo-document in art. In an entertaining and intriguing manner the works on display are concerned with the studies of the documentary, they interrogate the differences between the real and the semblance of the real, incorporating conceptual procedures and personal imagination in specific spatial and temporal narratives. Aside form the stories they are supposed to convey, stories on people, cities, spaces, also in focus is the performance, the stylistic and visual language the artists make use of to evoke the real―from a complex film, to home video, animation and real object.