- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Please Join Us! Multimedia performance by Gorgona Nova / Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese delegation from the National Museum of China visits MoCAB
- Opening of the exhibition "Happy People" by Dragan Petrović / The Salon of the MoCAB, 7.12.2018 at 7 p.m.
- MoCAB and MoCAV are planning to surprise every one thousandth visitor of “Action Forms” the retrospective exhibition of Ilija Šoškić
It happened tomorrow / Conversation with the artists / Salon of the MoCAB, 11.11.16. at 6 p. m.Talk programs | 11.11.2016
The Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art (14 Pariska St., Belgrade)
Friday, November 11, at 6 p.m
Conversation with the artists Jacek Malinowski and Assaf Gruber.
The conversation will be moderated by Magda Kardaš, a curator of Zachęta National Gallery of Art in Warsaw, and Una Popović.
The exhibition It Happened Tomorrow aims at representing an art fiction, a possible illogical deviation within an event, i.e. a fiction with basically realistic narration and appearance, as stressed in the linguistic syntax of the title itself. The selection of works tends to offer an interpretation of a genre such as the pseudo-document in art. In an entertaining and intriguing manner the works on display are concerned with the studies of the documentary, they interrogate the differences between the real and the semblance of the real, incorporating conceptual procedures and personal imagination in specific spatial and temporal narratives. Aside form the stories they are supposed to convey, stories on people, cities, spaces, also in focus is the performance, the stylistic and visual language the artists make use of to evoke the real―from a complex film, to home video, animation and real object.