- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Please Join Us! Multimedia performance by Gorgona Nova / Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese delegation from the National Museum of China visits MoCAB
- Opening of the exhibition "Happy People" by Dragan Petrović / The Salon of the MoCAB, 7.12.2018 at 7 p.m.
- MoCAB and MoCAV are planning to surprise every one thousandth visitor of “Action Forms” the retrospective exhibition of Ilija Šoškić
Cinema by Other Means / Discussion / Legacy of Čolaković, 27.09.13. at 6 P.M.Talk programs | 27.09.2013
Cinema by Other Means and Alternative Film / Discussion
Gallery-Legacy of Milica Zorić & Rodoljub Čolaković, 2 Rodoljub Čolaković St.
September 27, 2013. at 6 P.M.
Participants: Miroljub Stojanović, film critic, Slobodan Šijan, filmmaker, Nikola Đurić, filmmaker, Miodrag Milošević, filmmaker, Ljubomir Šimunić, artist and filmmaker and Dejan Sretenović, author of the exhibition.
The exhibition “Cinema by Other Means” is based on the eponym book by Pavle Levi which, after English edition (Oxford University Press, 2012), is now published in the Serbian translation. The book examines an incredibly rich history of experimental practices in which one is doing cinema using tools, materials, technologies, and techniques, by adjusting and changing these, or abandoning them altogether, these means that are traditionally seen as closely related to normative cinematographic apparatus. It is a tale of the multiple states or conditions of cinema, of a range of extraordinary, radical experiments not only with but also “around” and even without film. Instead of the art influenced by the advent of the cinema, or that which makes reference to the cinema, Levi is concerned with the conceptualisation of the cinema itself as a particular brand of practice which, since the invention of the filming device, constitutes also a (parallel) history of performing cinema through other, often “older”, media.
More information about the exhibiton and the artist, please visit http://eng.msub.org.rs/kino-drugim-sredstvima