- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Floriane de Saint-Pierre visits the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Public Lecture by Dorothea von Hantelmann/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?"/ MoCAB, Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition “Between Us – Connecting the collections of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica” at Salon of the MoCAB / August 31, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibition ''Sequences'' until August 20th at the Museum of Contemporary Art
Cinema by Other Means / Discussion / Legacy of Čolaković, 27.09.13. at 6 P.M.Talk programs | 27.09.2013
Cinema by Other Means and Alternative Film / Discussion
Gallery-Legacy of Milica Zorić & Rodoljub Čolaković, 2 Rodoljub Čolaković St.
September 27, 2013. at 6 P.M.
Participants: Miroljub Stojanović, film critic, Slobodan Šijan, filmmaker, Nikola Đurić, filmmaker, Miodrag Milošević, filmmaker, Ljubomir Šimunić, artist and filmmaker and Dejan Sretenović, author of the exhibition.
The exhibition “Cinema by Other Means” is based on the eponym book by Pavle Levi which, after English edition (Oxford University Press, 2012), is now published in the Serbian translation. The book examines an incredibly rich history of experimental practices in which one is doing cinema using tools, materials, technologies, and techniques, by adjusting and changing these, or abandoning them altogether, these means that are traditionally seen as closely related to normative cinematographic apparatus. It is a tale of the multiple states or conditions of cinema, of a range of extraordinary, radical experiments not only with but also “around” and even without film. Instead of the art influenced by the advent of the cinema, or that which makes reference to the cinema, Levi is concerned with the conceptualisation of the cinema itself as a particular brand of practice which, since the invention of the filming device, constitutes also a (parallel) history of performing cinema through other, often “older”, media.
More information about the exhibiton and the artist, please visit http://eng.msub.org.rs/kino-drugim-sredstvima