- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Colleague from the Museum of Contemporary Art in Skoplje visit MoCAB
- Colleague from the Museum of Contemporary art in Skoplje visit MoCAB
- Please Join Us! Multimedia performance by Gorgona Nova / Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese delegation from the National Museum of China visits MoCAB
Lecture of the technical assistant at the Museum of American Art / Upside Down: Hosting the Critique / Resavska 40b / 6.7.16. at 6 pmTalk programs | 06.07.2016
Lecture of the technical assistant at the Museum of American Art
Belgrade City Museum, Resavska 40 b
July, 6th at 6 PM
Lecture is part of the Upside Down: Hosting the Critique exhibition programme.
The Museum of American Art is an educational institution dedicated to assembling, preserving and exhibiting memories primarily of the Museum of Modern Art in New York and its International Program of Circulating Exhibitions of American Art. It is these MoMA exhibitions, most of them curated by Dorothy Miller, that helped establish throughout Western Europe the first post-war common cultural identity based on internationalism, modernism and individualism.
The Museum also has in its collection the Museum of Modern Art as an American invention defined in 1936 by Alfred Barr, Jr. through his historical exhibitions Cubism and Abstract Art and Fantastic Art, DADA, Surrealism, when he introduced, instead of National Schools, International Movements as a key notion in establishing the MoMA story that later became the modern canon.
The Museum of American Art was opened in 2004 at the address: Frankfurter Allee 91, Berlin. It is still opened to the public.