- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Floriane de Saint-Pierre visits the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Public Lecture by Dorothea von Hantelmann/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?"/ MoCAB, Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition “Between Us – Connecting the collections of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica” at Salon of the MoCAB / August 31, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibition ''Sequences'' until August 20th at the Museum of Contemporary Art
Lecture of the technical assistant at the Museum of American Art / Upside Down: Hosting the Critique / Resavska 40b / 6.7.16. at 6 pmTalk programs | 06.07.2016
Lecture of the technical assistant at the Museum of American Art
Belgrade City Museum, Resavska 40 b
July, 6th at 6 PM
Lecture is part of the Upside Down: Hosting the Critique exhibition programme.
The Museum of American Art is an educational institution dedicated to assembling, preserving and exhibiting memories primarily of the Museum of Modern Art in New York and its International Program of Circulating Exhibitions of American Art. It is these MoMA exhibitions, most of them curated by Dorothy Miller, that helped establish throughout Western Europe the first post-war common cultural identity based on internationalism, modernism and individualism.
The Museum also has in its collection the Museum of Modern Art as an American invention defined in 1936 by Alfred Barr, Jr. through his historical exhibitions Cubism and Abstract Art and Fantastic Art, DADA, Surrealism, when he introduced, instead of National Schools, International Movements as a key notion in establishing the MoMA story that later became the modern canon.
The Museum of American Art was opened in 2004 at the address: Frankfurter Allee 91, Berlin. It is still opened to the public.