- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Creative Europe Forum 2018 at the Museum of Contemporary Art / MoCAB, June 21 and 22, 2018
- Public lecture by Niels Van Tomme: The Walking Institution (The curatorial programme) / Curatorial course „What Could/Should Curating Do?“ / MoCAB, Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening „May 68, a Strange Spring“/ Museum of Contemporary Art, 7.6.18. at 6 p.m.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
Personal histories and narrativesProgramme | 07.02.2012
Personal histories and narratives
(a film mosaic of the unsung heroes of the history)
Student Cultural Centre, 48 Kralja Milana St, Belgarde
February 7, 2012. at 7 P.M.
Authors of the project: Zoran Erić i Stevan Vuković
The film workshop, for which the participants were picked out in an open public competition, explored the social and cultural currents in Serbia and Yugoslavia during the past half of century. The purpose of this research was that every participant should find a story left untold, a story related to some of the key events from the aforementioned period, and then, taking it as a starting point, realise a work wherein the content’s novelty would be accompanied by the novelty of the form of expression. Through team work and continual inquisitive conversations, under Želimir Žilnik’s experienced supervision, from these stories a mosaic of new interpretations of some old and already clichéd historical events has arisen. Five short-length and middle-length films showing the transformations of the local social structures from the standpoint of its leading characters, the unsung heroes of history, through unassuming personal accounts interspersed with archival materials, were produced as the workshop’s result.
Romana Vujasinović i Nemanja Babić: The Shovel Is Too Small, (24’20'')
Ivan Tasić: How I Lost My Wings (23’23’’)
Ivana Todorović: Makiš City (15')
Marija Đorđević: Thread, Needle, Ink, (8’18’’)
Aleksandra Spasov i Marko Pavlović: The Conceit of Property, (40')
MoCAB extends its gratitude to RTS-Programme Archive
Support by ERSTE Stiftung.