- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade will be closed on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- Opening of the renovated building of the Museum of Contemporary Art / exhibition Sequences, MoCAB, 20.10.17. at 10 a.m.
- Conversation with the artist Selman Trtovac / Salon of the MoCAB, 12.10.17. at 6 p.m.
- Promotion of site specific interventions on the glass facade of the pasarela in the courtyard; Mark Brogan’s photo-wallpaper “Unforgetting Aelita” / 15.9.17. at 6 pm, Čolaković Legacy
Personal histories and narratives
(a film mosaic of the unsung heroes of the history)
The film workshop, for which the participants were picked out in an open public competition, explored the social and cultural currents in Serbia and Yugoslavia during the past half of century. The purpose of this research was that every participant should find a story left untold, a story related to some of the key events from the aforementioned period, and then, taking it as a starting point, realise a work wherein the content’s novelty would be accompanied by the novelty of the form of expression. Through team work and continual inquisitive conversations, under Želimir Žilnik’s experienced supervision, from these stories a mosaic of new interpretations of some old and already clichéd historical events has arisen. Five short-length and middle-length films showing the transformations of the local social structures from the standpoint of its leading characters, the unsung heroes of history, through unassuming personal accounts interspersed with archival materials, were produced as the workshop’s result.