- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public lecture by Maria Lind / Curatorial Course “What Could/Should Curating Do?” / MoCAB, Monday, 11.3.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition " "Conqiostador. From Culture and Art" by Mariela Cvetić / Salon of the MoCAB, 22.2.2019 at 7 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition "Travelling the World. Art from Germany." / MoCAB, Thursday, January 24 at 7 p.m.
- Working hours during the holiday season
“Making Things (Very) Public!” Public lecture by Mischa Kuball / MoCAB, June 25, 2018 at 6 p.m.Talk programs | 25.06.2018
Making Things (Very) Public!
Public lecture by Mischa Kuball
Museum of Contemporary Art, Ušće 10
Auditorium “Miodrag B. Protić”
Monday, June 25, 2018 at 6 p.m.
The lecture is organized in cooperation with Goethe Institute Belgrade.
“public preposition” is a group of works, interventions, projects, and
performances made over a period of several decades. What they have in common is
that they appeal to a public sphere and implicitly question in what locations
and under what circumstances what we mean by “public” is constituted and how it
could be understood. Discussing “public preposition” in a public lecture of its
own, must itself be seen as a gesture towards creating a "public
sphere" in a larger context.
Mischa Kuball has been working in the public and institutional sphere since 1977. He uses light as a medium to explore architectural spaces as well as social and political discourses. Public and private space merge into an indistinguishable whole in politically motivated participation projects, providing a platform for communication between the audience, the artist, the work itself and public space. Mischa Kuball is a Professor at the Academy of Media Arts, Cologne, and associate professor for media art at Hochschule für Gestaltung/ZKM, Karlsruhe. In 2016 he was honoured with the German Light Award.