- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public lecture by Maria Lind / Curatorial Course “What Could/Should Curating Do?” / MoCAB, Monday, 11.3.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition " "Conqiostador. From Culture and Art" by Mariela Cvetić / Salon of the MoCAB, 22.2.2019 at 7 p.m.
- Opening of the exhibition "Travelling the World. Art from Germany." / MoCAB, Thursday, January 24 at 7 p.m.
- Working hours during the holiday season
The underlying idea of the project “European context of the Serbian Surrealism” consists in making use of the capacities provided by collections, archives, and libraries, which keep the artworks or documentation related to Surrealism in as professional and thorough way as possible. The project’s main objective is to propel the exploration, collection, and presentation, of the entirety of the cultural heritage related to the Serbian as well as European Surrealism in one place, with the particular emphasis on the exploration, education, and communication.
The institutions participating as collaborators on this project include: Museum of Contemporary Art (project initiator and its main contributor), National Library of Serbia, Museum of Applied Arts, Institute for Literature and Art, National Library in Bor, and Historical Archives of Belgrade.
As its expert collaborators, the project gathers prominent specialists from different arreas of research, such as Prof. Milanka Todić (PhD), Prof. Jelena Novaković (PhD), Bojan Jović (PhD), et al.
The project is sponsored by: Art Mentor Foundation from Luzern (
Switzerland), Secretariat for Culture of the
Belgrade City Assembly, and the Ministry of Culture and Information of the . Republic of Serbia