- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Please Join Us! Multimedia performance by Gorgona Nova / Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese delegation from the National Museum of China visits MoCAB
- Opening of the exhibition "Happy People" by Dragan Petrović / The Salon of the MoCAB, 7.12.2018 at 7 p.m.
- MoCAB and MoCAV are planning to surprise every one thousandth visitor of “Action Forms” the retrospective exhibition of Ilija Šoškić
New Beginnings. Latest Acquisitions from the MoCABProgramme | 28.11.2014
New Beginnings. Latest Acquisitions from the Collection of MoCA Belgrade since 2001.
28 November 2014 - 17 May 2015
The Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade (MoCAB) in
collaboration with the National Museum of Contemporary Art in Bucharest (MNAC)
is organizing the exhibition New
Beginnings. Latest Acquisitions from the Collection of MoCA Belgrade since
2001. The exhibition will present 15 works from the MoCAB collection
developed in the period from the mid-1990s until today.
The selection is based on the acquisition policy established in 2001, since when the Museum, in spite of modest budgets, has managed to make timely purchases of certain active protagonists of the local and post-Yugoslav artistic scene, as well as the artistic scene of the broader region. Special emphasis in the acquisition policy is placed on the art projects in the production of MoCAB, particularly on the works that thematize the context of the institution itself: artistic, museological, architectural, social-political or sociological.
The Museum is facing another new beginning, the opening of its main
building at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers, the reconstruction
process of which started in 2007. With a new plan to finally open the MoCAB
building at the confluence to the public on its 50th anniversary, on
the 20th October 2015, the Museum team is still working on enriching
the collection while nurturing the orientation towards the post-Yugoslav
artistic space. Besides this, another priority of the Museum is improvement of
cooperation with institutions in the region. The exhibition and the selection
of works of eleven artists from the collections of the MoCAB and the MNAC in
Bucharest is one of the first steps in this direction.