- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
- International Documentary Film Festival BELDOCS / Selection Meteors at the Museum of Contemporary Art from 10th to 14th of May
- Opening of the exhibition Grupa MEČ: a Retrospective from 1975 to 1990 at the Legacy Čolaković / Friday, April 13 , 2018 at 7 pm
- Working hours during holiday
About Legacy of Čolaković
The Gallery was opened for public in December 1980, and is situated at 2 Rodoljuba Čolakovića St., a building bequeathed by Milica Zorić and Rodoljub Čolaković to the city of Belgrade, which, in turn, conferred its management to the Museum. In the framework of the Legacy there is a collection of 92 works by the most renowned Yugoslav artists, and also a collection of antique furniture, oriental carpets, glassware and porcelain, which complements the overall interior setting. The catalogue of the Gallery’s collection was published in 1980. In 2010, the Gallery underwent adaptation and was turned into a multi-purpose space designed to host various events and activities. During the reconstruction of the building at Ušće this space operates as a micro-museum dedicated to the realisation of diverse programmes from the field of modern and contemporary art, design, architecture, and film.