- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public Lecture by Marina Abramović, retrospective exhibition "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, 28.09.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Luca Lo Pinto/ Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- MoCAB closing for the summer due to preparations of the Marina Abramović retrospective exhibition “The Cleaner”
- Opening of the exhibition "Where Do We Go, and How Long Will it Take?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, 12.07.2019 at 7 p.m.
About the Museum
Since its foundation in 1965, the Museum of Contemporary Art has based its display policy on the representation of the most relevant artists, periods, movements and tendencies in Yugoslav, Serbian and international art of the 20th century. Furthermore, the Museum held a respectable position on the map of European and international museums of modern and contemporary art, which enabled it to intensely cooperate with relevant foreign museums, galleries, collections, curators and critics.
The Museum also takes an active role in the promotion of local art abroad, and has often had the opportunity to organize the appearance of domestic artists at international biennials and triennials (Venice, Sao Paolo, Paris etc.).
Staying in sync with contemporary museological principles of the conservation of cultural heritage and the politics of display, the Museum today represents a dynamic institution which by the scope and diversity of its program, by its research and pedagogical work, its intensive international collaboration and openness to diverse modes of cultural activity and cooperation, stands for an important factor of the cultural and art life of Belgrade and Serbia.