- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public Lecture by Ivet Ćurlin / Curatorial Course “What Could/Should Curating Do?” / MoCAB, 8.11.2018 at 6 p.m.
- Colleagues from MG+MSUM visit MoCAB
- The Croatian Society of Art Historians visits MoCAB
- The Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Republic of Srpska visits MoCAB
About the Museum
Since its foundation in 1965, the Museum of Contemporary Art has based its display policy on the representation of the most relevant artists, periods, movements and tendencies in Yugoslav, Serbian and international art of the 20th century. Furthermore, the Museum held a respectable position on the map of European and international museums of modern and contemporary art, which enabled it to intensely cooperate with relevant foreign museums, galleries, collections, curators and critics.
The Museum also takes an active role in the promotion of local art abroad, and has often had the opportunity to organize the appearance of domestic artists at international biennials and triennials (Venice, Sao Paolo, Paris etc.).
Staying in sync with contemporary museological principles of the conservation of cultural heritage and the politics of display, the Museum today represents a dynamic institution which by the scope and diversity of its program, by its research and pedagogical work, its intensive international collaboration and openness to diverse modes of cultural activity and cooperation, stands for an important factor of the cultural and art life of Belgrade and Serbia.