- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- October 20. – Day of the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Mrs. Doris Schmidauer, the First Lady of Austria visits the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Opening of the exhibition "Projektor" by Dušica Dražić and Wim Janssen/ Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, October 19, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Elena Filipovic / Curatorial Course “What Could/Should Curating Do?” / MoCAB, 15 October 2018 at 6 p.m.
The Museum of Contemporary Art was closed for public in 2007 due to the adaptation, reconstruction and extension of its building at Ušće. The project was devised so as to integrate current approaches in designing sophisticated systems of museum technology, first and foremost concerning the microclimatic optimisations of the building itself. The first phase of the reconstruction, adaptation and extension was partly completed in 2010. It involved fixing the roof, basement facilities (depot, workshops, conservation-restoration ateliers and technical maintenance unit), as well as the dislocation of the energy supply unit (electrical substation) from the Museum’s basement into a brand new facility. The next phase of the reconstruction will bring about the complete interior remake, the setting up of the new electric wiring, and the refurbishment of the Museum’s façade.