- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Opening of the exhibition Grupa MEČ: a Retrospective from 1975 to 1990 at the Legacy Čolaković / Friday, April 13 , 2018 at 7 pm
- Working hours during holiday
- Opening of the exhibition TRACE: Wayfinding in Contemporary New Media Art at the Salon of the MoCAB / Friday, March 30 , 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Theatre installation “Dada's Women - One Imaginary Exhibition” at the Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade / Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8 p.m.
The exhibition „Avant-Garde: from Dada to Surrealism“ in Banja LukaProgramme | 10.11.2016
The exhibition „Avant-Garde: from Dada to Surrealism“ in Banja Luka
National and University Library of Republic of Srpska
November 10 – December 10, 2016
opening of the exhibition on Thursday, November 10 at 12 p.m.
Cooperation between the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Institute for Literature and Art.
The exhibition is authored by: Aleksandra Mirčić (Museum of Contemporary Art) and Biljana Andonovska (Institute for Literature and Art).
The exhibition “Avant-Garde: from Dada to Surrealism” will present Surrealist and Dada magazines, as one of the primary forms of activity in these movements of the Avant-garde. Evolutionary currents and multifacetedness of Dada and Surrealist print and ideas will be showcased through more than 40 periodicals published between 1916 and 1992.
The majority of the exhibits were examined and presented drawing on Marko Ristić’s surviving collection and the Legacy of Marko Ristić (SASA (Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts) Archive and Library), and thus the exhibition also provides an opportunity to underscore before the wide public the unique cultural profile and relevance of this body of work which is one of the most valuable legacies of the 20th c. art at large, and the Surrealist art in particular, within the Balkans.
The exhibition is organised in the framework of the project “European Context of Serbian Surrealism”. For a detailed account of the project, go to nadrealizam.rs.
The Museum of Contemporary Art and the Institute for Literature and Art extend their special thanks to SASA Library and Archive, mrs. Jelena Jovanović, prof. Aleksandar Kostić, heirs of Oskar Davičo, Historical Archives of Belgrade, National Library of Serbia, University Library “Svetozar Marković”, Radio-television of Serbia, Academy Film Centre DKSG, as well as to numerous colleagues, for supporting the realisation of this exhibition.