- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Creative Europe Forum 2018 at the Museum of Contemporary Art / MoCAB, June 21 and 22, 2018
- Public lecture by Niels Van Tomme: The Walking Institution (The curatorial programme) / Curatorial course „What Could/Should Curating Do?“ / MoCAB, Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening „May 68, a Strange Spring“/ Museum of Contemporary Art, 7.6.18. at 6 p.m.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art will be closed on May 9, 2018.
Zachary Formwalt: Three Exchanges / Guided Tour / 21.3.15. at 1pm / Salon of MoCATalk programs | 21.03.2015
Zachary Formwalt –Three Exchanges / Guided Tour
Salon of the MoCA
Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 1pm
Guided Tour and Conversation with the author of the exhibition Zoran Erić.
This solo exhibition is a result of collaboration
between Stedelijk Museum Bureau Amsterdam and The Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade. In three recent video installations, Zachary
Formwalt focuses on the architecture of the new OMA-designed Shenzhen Stock
Exchange, and the Amsterdam stock and commodities exchange designed at the end
of the nineteenth century by the socialist architect, H.P. Berlage. The architecture of
the stock exchanges offers a pretext to a profound investigation into the limitations
of photography to represent capital and into the interrelationships between
financial capitalism and image making. Formwalt's
work has become specifically topical due to the worldwide credit crisis of 2007
and the impact of finance and the mechanics of financial capitalism on our
economies and our social life.
Zachary Formwalt (1979, Georgia, U.S.A.) studied at the
School of the Art Institute of Chicago and at Northwestern University,
Evanston, Illinois. In 2008 and 2009 he was a resident at the Rijksakademie van
beeldende kunsten in Amsterdam. He has had solo exhibitions and he has participated in group exhibitions. His work is held by several institutional collections,
such as the Netherlands Photo Museum and the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam.
Curators: Jelle Bouwhuis (SMBA) and
Zoran Erić (MoCA). The exhibition will run from March
22 in the Salon of the MoCA in 14 Pariska St., every working day from
12:00 to 20:00, except Tuesdays.