- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Please Join Us! Multimedia performance by Gorgona Nova / Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Chinese delegation from the National Museum of China visits MoCAB
- Opening of the exhibition "Happy People" by Dragan Petrović / The Salon of the MoCAB, 7.12.2018 at 7 p.m.
- MoCAB and MoCAV are planning to surprise every one thousandth visitor of “Action Forms” the retrospective exhibition of Ilija Šoškić
Zachary Formwalt: Three Exchanges / Guided Tour / 21.3.15. at 1pm / Salon of MoCATalk programs | 21.03.2015
Zachary Formwalt –Three Exchanges / Guided Tour
Salon of the MoCA
Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 1pm
Guided Tour and Conversation with the author of the exhibition Zoran Erić.
This solo exhibition is a result of collaboration
between Stedelijk Museum Bureau Amsterdam and The Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade. In three recent video installations, Zachary
Formwalt focuses on the architecture of the new OMA-designed Shenzhen Stock
Exchange, and the Amsterdam stock and commodities exchange designed at the end
of the nineteenth century by the socialist architect, H.P. Berlage. The architecture of
the stock exchanges offers a pretext to a profound investigation into the limitations
of photography to represent capital and into the interrelationships between
financial capitalism and image making. Formwalt's
work has become specifically topical due to the worldwide credit crisis of 2007
and the impact of finance and the mechanics of financial capitalism on our
economies and our social life.
Zachary Formwalt (1979, Georgia, U.S.A.) studied at the
School of the Art Institute of Chicago and at Northwestern University,
Evanston, Illinois. In 2008 and 2009 he was a resident at the Rijksakademie van
beeldende kunsten in Amsterdam. He has had solo exhibitions and he has participated in group exhibitions. His work is held by several institutional collections,
such as the Netherlands Photo Museum and the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam.
Curators: Jelle Bouwhuis (SMBA) and
Zoran Erić (MoCA). The exhibition will run from March
22 in the Salon of the MoCA in 14 Pariska St., every working day from
12:00 to 20:00, except Tuesdays.