- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Promotion of the Salon of the MoCAB exhibition catalogues / Salon of the MoCAB, Monday, 09.12.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public lecture by Svetlana Racanović / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the solo exhibition "Silent talk/ Nemi govor" by Lana Vasiljević / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, November 22, 2019 at 7 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Jelena Vesić / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975 / "The Cleaner" Marina Abramović, MoCABTalk programs | 21.09.2019
Photo: Bojana Janjić / MoCAB
For its entire run, the exhibition presents a series of live reperformances of Marina Abramović’s historical works (solo and with Ulay) performed by local and international performers.
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975
The artist sits on a chair and aggressively brushes and combs her hair whilst constantly repeating the phrase “Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful”, until she scratches her face and tears her hair.
The reperformance Art Must be Beautiful, Artist Must be Beautiful, 1975 will be performed on 21.09.2019, 22.09.2019, 28.09.2019, 19.10.2019, 09.11.2019, 30.11.2019, 21.12.2020. and 11.01.2020.