- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Projects of the MoCAB Department of Art Documentation
- ANNOUNCEMENT: The Salon of the MoCAB is closed for visitors
- Opening of the exhibition "Missing Stories: Forced Labour under Nazi Occupation. An Artistic Approach" / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, 21.02.2020 at 7 p.m.
- Final day of the Marina Abramović retrospective exhibition “The Cleaner” / MoCAB
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975 / "The Cleaner" Marina Abramović, MoCABTalk programs | 21.09.2019
Photo: Bojana Janjić / MoCAB
For its entire run, the exhibition presents a series of live reperformances of Marina Abramović’s historical works (solo and with Ulay) performed by local and international performers.
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975
The artist sits on a chair and aggressively brushes and combs her hair whilst constantly repeating the phrase “Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful”, until she scratches her face and tears her hair.
The reperformance Art Must be Beautiful, Artist Must be Beautiful, 1975 will be performed on 21.09.2019, 22.09.2019, 28.09.2019, 19.10.2019, 09.11.2019, 30.11.2019, 21.12.2020, 11.01.2020 and 20.01.2020.