- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Safety measures in MoCAB’s exhibition spaces
- Opening of the exhibition "Reflections of our time: Acquisitions of the Museum of Contemporary Art 1993-2019" on June 27, 2020 at the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Legacy of Čolaković
- MoCAB offers a free colouring book for all ages
- Free screening of the film "Man Ray and the Shakespearean Equations" on the MoCAB website and youtube channel until May 17, 2020
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975 / "The Cleaner" Marina Abramović, MoCABTalk programs | 21.09.2019
Photo: Bojana Janjić / MoCAB
For its entire run, the exhibition presents a series of live reperformances of Marina Abramović’s historical works (solo and with Ulay) performed by local and international performers.
Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful, 1975
The artist sits on a chair and aggressively brushes and combs her hair whilst constantly repeating the phrase “Art Must Be Beautiful, Artist Must Be Beautiful”, until she scratches her face and tears her hair.
The reperformance Art Must be Beautiful, Artist Must be Beautiful, 1975 will be performed on 21.09.2019, 22.09.2019, 28.09.2019, 19.10.2019, 09.11.2019, 30.11.2019, 21.12.2020, 11.01.2020 and 20.01.2020.