- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Promotion of the Salon of the MoCAB exhibition catalogues / Salon of the MoCAB, Monday, 09.12.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public lecture by Svetlana Racanović / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the solo exhibition "Silent talk/ Nemi govor" by Lana Vasiljević / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, November 22, 2019 at 7 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Jelena Vesić / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Studio for conservation and restoration
The department carries out the conservation and restoration of paintings done in various techniques and materials from the collections and legacies of MCA. The department proposes the protection measures for the works of art and supervizes their conduction, carries out the protection measures, and constantly monitors the works exhibited in the permanent display, in current exhibitions and in the depots of the Museum, intervening promptly when and if necessary. The department also takes notes of the condition in which the works are lent, either to other institutions, or for the needs of the Museum. It studies and develops working methods and emerging technologies of new materials which are used in contemporary art. It also studies new achievements in the field of conservation and restoration through professional literature and cooperates with conservation departments from other institutions. Depending on feasibility, it accepts conservation and restoration offers from other institutions and private collections. The department produces expert evidence and documentation regarding the protection of the works of art.