- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public lecture by Valerio Del Baglivo / Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / The Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 28, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening and discussion about "The Curator's Room - Igor Zabel: How to Make Art Visible" / The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Marco Scontini/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?/ Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Children’s week at MoCAB
Studio for conservation and restoration
The department carries out the conservation and restoration of paintings done in various techniques and materials from the collections and legacies of MCA. The department proposes the protection measures for the works of art and supervizes their conduction, carries out the protection measures, and constantly monitors the works exhibited in the permanent display, in current exhibitions and in the depots of the Museum, intervening promptly when and if necessary. The department also takes notes of the condition in which the works are lent, either to other institutions, or for the needs of the Museum. It studies and develops working methods and emerging technologies of new materials which are used in contemporary art. It also studies new achievements in the field of conservation and restoration through professional literature and cooperates with conservation departments from other institutions. Depending on feasibility, it accepts conservation and restoration offers from other institutions and private collections. The department produces expert evidence and documentation regarding the protection of the works of art.