- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public lecture by Charles Esche / Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / The Salon of the MoCAB, Wednesday, 06.11.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Branislav Jakovljević / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Sunday, 27.10.2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Public lecture by Valerio Del Baglivo / Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / The Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 28, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening and discussion about "The Curator's Room - Igor Zabel: How to Make Art Visible" / The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 6 p.m.
Personal histories and narratives
(a film mosaic of the unsung heroes of the history)
The film workshop, for which the participants were picked out in an open public competition, explored the social and cultural currents in Serbia and Yugoslavia during the past half of century. The purpose of this research was that every participant should find a story left untold, a story related to some of the key events from the aforementioned period, and then, taking it as a starting point, realise a work wherein the content’s novelty would be accompanied by the novelty of the form of expression. Through team work and continual inquisitive conversations, under Želimir Žilnik’s experienced supervision, from these stories a mosaic of new interpretations of some old and already clichéd historical events has arisen. Five short-length and middle-length films showing the transformations of the local social structures from the standpoint of its leading characters, the unsung heroes of history, through unassuming personal accounts interspersed with archival materials, were produced as the workshop’s result.