- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Change in working hours and safety measures in MoCAB’s exhibition spaces
- Opening of the exhibition "Reflections of our time: Acquisitions of the Museum of Contemporary Art 1993-2019" on June 27, 2020 at the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Legacy of Čolaković
- MoCAB offers a free colouring book for all ages
- Free screening of the film "Man Ray and the Shakespearean Equations" on the MoCAB website and youtube channel until May 17, 2020
MoCAB offers a free colouring book for all agesProgramme | 22.05.2020
We have recently witnessed the
global boom of the genre of colouring books for adults. Publications filled
with line drawings of mandalas, complex floral compositions, and cityscapes are
now regularly seen in bookstores. So the colouring book, usually made for children,
has transcended the age barrier and found the realm of its possibilities
expanded. That might be of value in the situation we are now facing, when art
lovers in self-isolation are prevented from coming into unmediated contact with
museums and exhibitions. A colouring book with selected artworks could partly compensate
for that missing contact. Print out these line drawings, sharpen your coloured
pencils and get acquainted with selected works from our collection.
For those who don't have printers or pencils, or perhaps don't want to leave their screens, we have prepared image files with colouring book drawings. You may colour them on your computers in many different ways — using free apps that come with your operating systems, using image editing software, or online services for colouring. We found Petalica Paint — an online service for automatic colourisation based on artificial intelligence — particularly interesting. If you make colouring hints on different parts of drawings, the algorithm should produce interesting results based on them. You can visit https://petalica-paint.pixiv.dev and give it a try.
Please send us the photos/files of your colouring works on email@example.com and/or share them on social media and tag the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade (fb: MSUB / MoCAB, ig: msub_mocab) and our colouring book (#MoCABcolouring or #MoCABcoloring).
Download the free colouring book for all ages with reproductions of the artworks included in the exhibition “Reflections of Our Time: Acquisitions of the Museum of Contemporary Art 1993–2019”.