- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Public lecture by Valerio Del Baglivo / Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / The Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 28, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Film screening and discussion about "The Curator's Room - Igor Zabel: How to Make Art Visible" / The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?" / Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Marco Scontini/ The Curatorial Course "What Could/Should Curating Do?/ Salon of the MoCAB, Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Children’s week at MoCAB
About the Collection
The collection of the Musem began to form around the time of the establishing of Modern Gallery and by the time of the opening of Museum it counted 3.500 works of art. Today the fund consits of 8.000 works and represents the most relevant collection of art from the Yugoslav art space, which existed from 1900 to 1991. Today, the policy of the Museum of Contemporary Art is based on the observation of contemporary art in Serbia, the Balkan region, and, as much as it is possible, in Europe and worldwide. The museum supplements its collections by purchasing from artists (either from current exhibitions or from studios), and through gifts and legacies.
The Collection of the Museum is divided into several subcollections:
- The Collection of Painting from 1900 to 1945
- The Collection of Painting after 1945
- The Collection of Sculptures
- The Collection of Prints and Drawings
- The Collection of New Art Media