- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Change in working hours and safety measures in MoCAB’s exhibition spaces
- Opening of the exhibition "Reflections of our time: Acquisitions of the Museum of Contemporary Art 1993-2019" on June 27, 2020 at the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Legacy of Čolaković
- MoCAB offers a free colouring book for all ages
- Free screening of the film "Man Ray and the Shakespearean Equations" on the MoCAB website and youtube channel until May 17, 2020
About the Collection
The collection of the Musem began to form around the time of the establishing of Modern Gallery and by the time of the opening of Museum it counted 3.500 works of art. Today the fund consists of 8.000 works and represents the most relevant collection of art from the Yugoslav art space, which existed from 1900 to 1991. Today, the policy of the Museum of Contemporary Art is based on the observation of contemporary art in Serbia, the Balkan region, and, as much as it is possible, in Europe and worldwide. The museum supplements its collections by purchasing from artists (either from current exhibitions or from studios), and through gifts and legacies.
The Collection of the Museum is divided into several subcollections:
- The Collection of Painting from 1900 to 1945
- The Collection of Painting after 1945
- The Collection of Sculptures
- The Collection of Prints and Drawings
- The Collection of New Art Media