- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Promotion of the Salon of the MoCAB exhibition catalogues / Salon of the MoCAB, Monday, 09.12.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public lecture by Svetlana Racanović / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the solo exhibition "Silent talk/ Nemi govor" by Lana Vasiljević / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, November 22, 2019 at 7 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Jelena Vesić / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
About the Collection
The collection of the Musem began to form around the time of the establishing of Modern Gallery and by the time of the opening of Museum it counted 3.500 works of art. Today the fund consits of 8.000 works and represents the most relevant collection of art from the Yugoslav art space, which existed from 1900 to 1991. Today, the policy of the Museum of Contemporary Art is based on the observation of contemporary art in Serbia, the Balkan region, and, as much as it is possible, in Europe and worldwide. The museum supplements its collections by purchasing from artists (either from current exhibitions or from studios), and through gifts and legacies.
The Collection of the Museum is divided into several subcollections:
- The Collection of Painting from 1900 to 1945
- The Collection of Painting after 1945
- The Collection of Sculptures
- The Collection of Prints and Drawings
- The Collection of New Art Media