- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- MoCAB offers a free colouring book for all ages
- Free screening of the film "Man Ray and the Shakespearean Equations" on the MoCAB website and youtube channel until May 17, 2020
- BITTER MEDICINE #01 by :MENTALKLINIK
- Free screening of the film "She is the other gaze" from May 5, 2020
About the Salon
The Salon of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade was inaugurated in the Spring of 1961 at 14 Pariska St. under the name of Modern Gallery. It started off four years before the Museum of Contemporary Art at Ušće was opened. It was the first gallery in Belgrade with permanent exhibition activity and clearly defined conception. The Salon’s exhibition practice was at all times centred on younger artists and the latest tendencies in the art-world, as well as on presenting the work of prominent foreign artists. Almost all major visual artists from former Yugoslavia had the opportunity to show their work to the Belgrade audience in a solo exhibition.
The concept behind the Salon of the MoCAB still revolves around presenting the most up-to-date currents in visual arts, most of all through solo exhibitions of contemporary artists, national and foreign, but also through organised presentations, panel discussions and lectures. Besides, the Salon is opened for theme-centred exhibitions authored by curators concerned with contemporary tendencies who are given the opportunity to have their projects realised. Thus, the Salon maintains its role of the most prestigious exhibiting space in Belgrade, and at the same time occupies a thriving position on the global scene.