- About the Collection
- Permanent collection display
- What’s new in the collection?
- About Us
- Promotion of the Salon of the MoCAB exhibition catalogues / Salon of the MoCAB, Monday, 09.12.2019 at 6 p.m.
- Public lecture by Svetlana Racanović / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6 p.m.
- Opening of the solo exhibition "Silent talk/ Nemi govor" by Lana Vasiljević / Salon of the MoCAB, Friday, November 22, 2019 at 7 p.m.
- Public Lecture by Jelena Vesić / Marina Abramović "The Cleaner" / MoCAB, Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
The Museum of Contemporary Art was closed for public in 2007 due to the adaptation, reconstruction and extension of its building at Ušće. The project was devised so as to integrate current approaches in designing sophisticated systems of museum technology, first and foremost concerning the microclimatic optimisations of the building itself. The first phase of the reconstruction, adaptation and extension was partly completed in 2010. It involved fixing the roof, basement facilities (depot, workshops, conservation-restoration ateliers and technical maintenance unit), as well as the dislocation of the energy supply unit (electrical substation) from the Museum’s basement into a brand new facility. The next phase of the reconstruction will bring about the complete interior remake, the setting up of the new electric wiring, and the refurbishment of the Museum’s façade.